This 14-page printable packet can be used as a complete topical unit study on the Earth’s atmosphere. Not only does it include worksheets for review and practice, but also a thorough introduction to the layers of the atmosphere and the composition of air, along with instructions for students to create a hands-on 2D diagram – in two different styles!
- Included in this printable packet are:
- full page diagram of the Earth’s atmopheric layers in black and white
- black and white introduction page explaining each layer of the atmosphere – including the ionosphere and the ozone layer
- black and white page with a pie chart, explaining air composition
- black and white blank atmospheric layers diagram for labeling
- Atmosphere Basics – review questions worksheet and answer key
- Layers and Gases of the Atmosphere – matching and search-a-word puzzle worksheet and answer key
- The Puzzling Atmosphere – crossword puzzle and answer key
- 4-page hands-on activity: Layers of the Atmosphere Diagram:
- full page of instructions for both diagram styles
- blank page for diagram style #1
- items to cut and glue to make diagram style #1 – and as extras for style #2
- base diagram for labeling and embellishment (style #2)
Style #2 diagram only requires writing and coloring with a blue and a red pencil.
Style #1 diagram also requires a glue stick or other adhesive, plus colored paper or construction paper in 5 different colors.
You can purchase this printable science packet at Teachers Pay Teachers for only $2 USD! It will also be given away as a FREEBIE here on the H.E.R. website, approximately 3 days each year.
If you like my work and would like to see more, there are links to many of my public websites as well as my contact information on my Gravatar page. And if you want to encourage me, you can become a Patron! :O>